Monday, August 9, 2010

Help another successful eHarmony match tie the knot!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR MIKE & JESS (EVERYDAY) IN THE CARLSBERG BIG WEDDING BASH!


I was closed minded of the idea at first when my mother suggested it to me. She had seen the commercials for eHarmony and liked the idea that it wasn't just about looks, it wasn't advertised as a meat market like other dating sites. It was about personality, commonality and matching you with the person you are looking for, filtering out all the ones that you'd give a fake number to at a bar (been there done that!)

I wanted someone who had the same values and goals as me. Now it did take a little while, maybe a month or so, which really is nothing, but it can seem like a long time when you are eagerly waiting for your match. I did have some dates with guys who were nice enough but they weren't "the one".

Now here's the thing, sometimes it can be frustrating when you sign up and there doesn't seem to be a perfect match for you right off the bat, but be patient. He's probably thinking the same way you do, he got this roadblock up in his mind, maybe he's worried about what people would think of him meeting the love of his life off the internet. Give him time, maybe his friends or family members will come across something that will inspire him (feel free to use my blog post) to taking that next step, that leap of faith that could change his life forever. So invest the money, try it out even for 3 months and see what happens!

Now maybe you think "it's too expensive." Well no more expensive than hitting the clubs, bars week after week. It cost Mike and I $60 collectively. My friends and family know that I love and am known for getting deals but that's a ridiculous deal of a lifetime! Try it out for free by signing up for one of their free communication weekends, I've seen ads recently where they stretch it out over a long weekend and you get to use their service for 4-5 days for free. 

So what makes eHarmony the smarter choice than other dating sites? Well, I think the key is their Compatibility Matching System which after you fill out their survey (do this at home, it takes some time and is very thorough, don't try to squeeze it in on your lunch break) effectively filters out what you don't want. Their system will match you with the best choices for you of Mr. or Mrs. Right from their current members, which I'm thinking is a lot. If on average 236 eHarmony couples marry everyday day, there must be a few people signed up right now. 

They don't just match you based on say, your favourite tv shows (although Mike and I did happen to like the same stuff so there's no fighting over the remote) they match you based on core traits and vital attributes. What does that all mean? Under core traits they list: emotional temperament, social style, cognitive mode and physicality. Vital attributes are things like relationship skills, values and beliefs and key experiences. 

So say for example you are a really social person and you love going out almost every night, you're probably not going to be happy with a homebody. The matching system takes into account the type of person you are and what you want and matches it in their database so you don't wind up being matched with a total couch potato.  

We be together two years this October, and it's been the best two years of our lives. I know that I can't imagine my life without Mike in it. Even the day to day boring stuff like grocery shopping turns into a comical adventure. We're always having fun, and when it does come to the serious stuff.. we support each other unconditionally.  We're a team, and that's the way it should be. 

This is not a paid testimonial, I always planned to find a forum to share how we met. I will get into more comical specifics in later posts. I always said I would write about our eHarmony experience some day because I want to help convince that woman who was me, that she should give this a shot. There really is nothing to lose. Listen to your mother :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home